Key Focus Points
- Provides a Systemic Approach to forge a successful career path.
- Introduces a Prisme© Methodology to implement winning leadership strategies.
- Offers lessons to improve pricing standards and payment practices.
- Includes valuable suggestions for conflict avoidance and resolution.
- Covers legal and financial aspects of being a “newbie” freelancer.
- Reveals effective methods to insure full and timely collection.
- Details a comparative analysis of business agreements.
- Discloses instructive advice for preparation and usage of contracts.
- Features an overview of the history of Language and Writing with selected illustrations depicting the evolution of ancient scripts.
Translation has played an important part in the author’s life for over the past 25 years.
This choice took her into the entrepreneurial and freelance world. Her knowledge, skills and experience allowed her multi-faceted personality to succeed and to always look for perfection. Her book, born during the International Year of Languages, provides the tools and tips to help people, whether translators or entrepreneurs, to take the plunge and yet be protected.
The essence of the book is awareness, and leadership-driven to promote a flawless career.
2008 International Year of Languages was proclaimed by the UNESCO. To face the increasing demand for translation, standards and their improvements must follow.
We know that crossing the barriers of language can be achieved. For this, we need expert translators. The global translation community must work together and support each other in a quest to improve standards and practices.
This is the only way we can attain better recognition and respect. Abusive rates and predatory practices must be our common adversary during this important year. This special year is given to us to make a difference.
That is why this book openly addresses an issue of major importance that we translators are not just scribes, but necessary and needed resources through which improvement of standards can be recognized, accomplished and appreciated.
Language Teacher Corpus, Translation Teacher Corpus
Small Business Owner
All books are FREE shipping & handling within any of our distribution areas
Taxes are also included.
Paypal is our selected source for International business transactions as it offers trusted and secure online payments.
US Checks are accepted.
Links | Contact
Copyright© 2008 Transpose.Inc. All Rights Reserved.